Exhibit: Queen Elizabeth Park Community & Cultural Centre Gallery, 2302 Bridge Road, Oakville, ON L6L 3L5
When: Monday, May 7 – Fri., May. 25, 2018
Gallery Hours: Weekends – 11 am – 5 pm & Weekdays 11 am – 7 pm
TERMS OF ENTRY
- Applications are only accepted electronically according to the parameters provided below.
- Artists may submit 1 recent piece (completed in the last 2 yrs). Open to all artists over 18.
- Work previously shown at any ArtWorks or QEPCCC venue is not eligible for entry.
- Submissions can include paintings in any medium; drawings; mixed-media; encaustic; hand-pulled prints; fibre art, photography and sculpture (free standing and 2D). One image for 2D works, 2 images from different angles can be submitted for 3D works.
- All art must be exhibition ready. Professional framing, mounting hardware securely attached to the frame. ArtWorks will not be responsible for damage caused by failed hanging equipment. Faulty or poor wiring, sawtooth or clip hangers, wet paint, nudity or controversial subject matter, work created with assistance, reproductions, copies & giclees will not be accepted.
- No substitutions. Only the work accepted by the jurors will be included in the show. Accepted work may not be withdrawn from the show. Entries are non-refundable.
- ArtWorks fully insures accepted work while at QEPCCC during the exhibition.
- Artists receive 80% of all works sold and winners receive prizes.
TIMELINE – Mark Your Calendar!
- Sunday, April 15 – Submission Deadline
- Friday, Apr. 20 – Jurying via electronic image submission.
- Monday Apr. 24 – Winners will be informed via email by end of day. We thank all applicants but only those selected will be contacted with specific guidelines.
- Saturday May 3, 4 – 6 pm – Ready-to-Hang & labeled art work is to be delivered to QEPCCC Gallery, no exceptions.
- Thursday, May 10, 7 – 9 pm – Opening Reception.
- Saturday, May 26, 11am – 1 pm – Pick-up of work. Late pick-ups will be charged $10/day.
The application deadline is April 15, 2018. A complete Entry includes Application Form, Electronic Image Submission and Entry Fee.
- APPLICATION FORM – click 2018-Application-Online-Writable
Please save the application on your computer. Open it with Adobe Acrobat, fill in the fields, save again, and print it out.
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE SUBMISSION
The image file must be labeled accurately with Last Name, First Name – Title, Medium, Measurement in Inches Eg. Doe, Jane – Sunflower, Oil, 24Wx36H. Image should be no larger than 1MB with a maximum 1024 x 768 pixels in either pdf or jpeg format. Image should be of the full work, not a cropped view. Please show the art and not surrounding environment.
Jurying of entries will take place Apr. 20, 2018 via electronic submissions only. Judges decisions are final.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS
- BY MAIL: You may send a cheque made payable to ArtWorks Oakville Association and sent to 200 North Service Rd W Unit 1 Suite 560, Oakville ON L6M 2Y1 and received by Apr. 15, 2018.
- ONLINE: You can submit payment with your credit card via EventBrite until Apr. 15, 2018 by 11 pm.
***Go to EvenBright to pay: www.eventbrite.com
*No matter how you choose to pay, we will need the Application Form and Electronic Image Submission sent to email@example.com with the Subject Line – ATTN: 19th Annual Juried Show. It is the artist’s responsibility to ensure all requirements are sent in by end of day Apr. 15, 2018. No refunds will be provided.
Meet This Year’s Jurors!
Denis Longchamps is the Artistic Director and Chief Curator at the Art Gallery of Burlington. He received his PhD in art history in 2009 from Concordia University where he was the administrator of the Jarislowsky Institute for Studies in Canadian Art from 2006 to 2011. Longchamps also taught art and craft history at Concordia University, York University and at Dawson College. He has contributed essays, articles and reviews to magazines and journals such as Espace-Sculpture, Ceramics Monthly, and Ceramics Art and Perception. Recent curatorial projects include the touring exhibition Naked Craft (Canada & Scotland, 2015-2017) and the inaugural Canadian Craft Biennial (2017) with four exhibitions, two residencies, workshops and an international symposium. He was the publisher and managing editor of Cahiers métiers d’art: Craft Journal (2006-2016).
Annis Karpenko is the Executive Director of Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM) at Riverwood. VAM is a vibrant visual arts centre offering education in all mediums for all levels. Karpenko received her MFA in Interdisciplinary Art from Goddard College in 2014 and a MEd in Holistic Education from OISE, UoT in 2001. She started her artistic practice as a photographer dabbling in fibre art, specifically weaving. Her current art practice includes painting (acrylic) and mixed media. Her photographs and paintings have been shown in Toronto and the Eastern Townships of Quebec. Her research interests include Outsider Art and the early to mid 1900s’ societal expectations of women as daughters, wives and mothers and its impact on their creative lives as artists. As part of a cultural collective of arts administrators, Karpenko is passionate about collaborating with artists from all creative disciplines to create and maintain a vibrant creative landscape in the area.
For more information about ArtWorks or the Juried Show Email: firstname.lastname@example.org